Thursday, March 3, 2011

To Intervene on natural selection

I have become sadly addicted to watching Intervention. I have watched all seven seasons on NetFlix and still am looking for more. Not sure what it is about junkies that stimulate my mind, but it is there. So, then I got to thinking... they have interventions for drug addictions, eating disorders, video game addictions, why not have an intervention to save some one from their own stupidity?

I personally know at least a dozen people who could benefit tremendously from an intervention of this manner. "I have seen your stupidity affect your life, negatively, in the following ways..." I know that you can think of someone and complete that line of thought. Lord knows that I can.

It is a sad state of affairs that stupid people are allowed to run rampant through society, drive cars, and even breed. There is something to be said about a person that is incapable of caring for themselves procreating, and trust me it is nothing good. Hell, why we are at it why don't we start another intervention craze, the "You shouldn't breed intervention." Ahh now there is an idea... and sadly we all know a few of those, and even more sadly some that have already spread their seed.

In nature there is natural selection... the slow, the weak, the dumb, they get eaten or starve, maybe we should just skip the interventions and take a lesson from good old mother nature... after all mother knows best.

1 comment:

  1. Classification complexity, contradiction, etc... We'll have prescriptions to medical marijuana because someone's a twit? cmon.

    ReplyDelete